Optimising your DaWanda shop from an SEO perspective will help you improve the ranking of your shop & product pages on Google, and therefore bring more potential buyers to your shop.
See also How Google works >>
First, identify the main keywords relevant for your shop: do you sell hand sewn rockabilly clothes or handmade brass jewellery? Then find a suitable keyword for every product you sell, keeping in mind your target market and competition.
Learn more How to do Keyword Research >>
Optimise your Shop Page
- Username: it is displayed in your shop URL and used for the title on your shop page, the most important on-site SEO element! Be sure to use your brand + your shop main keyword as your username, separated by a dash. E.g. blue-moon-handmade-brass-jewellery
- Shop Name: here you should use your username/brand plus a short description that appropriately describes your shop, e.g. Blue Moon – Brass Jewellery – Handmade with love!
- Shop Window: here you have a heading where you should use synonymous & related keywords to give Google more info about your shop. E.g. Discover boho brass jewels!
- Shop Profile: displayed in Google search results as a short description. Do not exceed 160 characters and include your main keywords and a call to action, to invite the user to click on and discover your shop.
- Shop Description: Write a unique text (about 200 words) describing your shop. Use your keywords and mention your best performing product names.
- Do not compete with DaWanda categories: don’t use DaWanda category names, but instead add keywords about material, colours, method of productions and patterns.
More on How to optimise your shop home page >>
Optimise your Product Pages
- Product Name: use a descriptive name (e.g. Boho brass necklace with leather pendant) and avoid special characters!
- Product Description: write a unique text describing your product in details, materials, patterns and production method included.
- Keywords: fill in the keywords box (separate multiple keywords with a comma): this is helpful for the internal search. Do not forget them also while translating your Shop into different languages!
- Listings: keep a stock of products that doesn’t change, and from time to time add some new products to keep your shop up-to-date.
Learn more on How to optimise Product Pages >>
Link Earning tips
- Blogging: open a blog about your business; provide tutorials, interesting articles or related news. Ask other bloggers to host you on their blogs and don’t forget to link to your DaWanda Shop URL.
- Social Media: create a fan page (not a private profile!) for your online business on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or YouTube (depending on what kind of product you sell) and build your online reputation.
See more about Link Earning Approaches >>